GUE DPV level 1 (Diver Propulsion Vehicle)
We are no longer updating this page, but have left it up for historic interest. Please head to our new website: www.johnkendall.com for more information about GUE classes
UK Price – £350 per student (includes Instructor expenses)
Europe Price – €400 per student (excludes Instructor expenses) – Please note that for an overseas course students are responsible for sourcing a suitable DPV for the Instructor.
GUE Registration Fee: $75US
GUE’s Diver Propulsion Vehicle Level 1 course (Open Water DPV) is a diver education program that introduces divers to the use of underwater propulsion vehicles. The course covers the basic principles of DPV diving and is designed to introduce divers to the skills and knowledge required for limited use of propulsion vehicles. Training includes an emphasis on awareness, dive-planning, teamwork, environment, stress management, navigation, conservation, standard and emergency procedures, DPV maintenance and trouble shooting and the potential hazards of diving with a DPV. To qualify for this type of instruction, participants do not need prior DPV training, but must be proficient with advanced buoyancy control skills and high awareness level.
- Must meet GUE general course prerequisites as outlined in section1.6.
- Must be a minimum of sixteen years of age.
- Must have passed GUE Fundamentals using the equipment outlined in section 18.104.22.168 and have demonstrated competence in skill and drills listed in 22.214.171.124 at a grade of 4 or above.
- Must have a minimum of seventy-five dives beyond open-water qualification.
- Must have a minimum of fifty dives beyond GUE Fundamentals
The GUE DPV 1 class is normally conducted over a three-day period. It involves a minimum of twenty four hours of instruction, encompassing both classroom and in-water work.
For more information, have a look at the GUE Website
Please Note: Students should have their own compliant DPV, please contact John in advance to check which DPVs meet GUE’s specifications. It is often possible to rent a Halcyon DPV from us for the class. This costs £50 in the UK and £50 plus whatever it costs us to transport it for classes elsewhere.